IATA - SERVING THE TRAVEL & TOURISM CUSTOMER (CANADA)
Gain essential strategies to ensure that the customer’s level of satisfaction will influence a purchase or repurchase decision by ensuring that your front-line contact with the customer is remarkable.
In this course you will learn about customer service in the travel industry highlighting its importance in retaining current business while attracting new business. You will also explore fundamental communication skills essential for positive agent-customer interactions, practical ways to stay in touch with travelling customers, and how to win customer loyalty. Learn how to handle difficult or upset customers, how to deal with the reality of stress in the workplace, and coping strategies for travel professionals.
Course format: This self-study course is available in etextbook format.
- This course requires approximately 20 hours of study, to be completed in 6 months.
- All candidates will be given 1 attempt to successfully complete the final exam.
- To successfully pass the exam, the student must achieve a grade of 70% or higher.
- A printable IATA Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the final examination.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Explain why good customer service is important in the travel industry
- Define customer service as an integral element in the travel professional’s role
- List effective “do’s and don’ts” when serving customers via different communication channels
- State the benefits of developing customer loyalty and strategies for building customer loyalty
- Identify steps and methods for handling upset customers
- Relate job performance to workplace stress and recommend coping strategies for travel professionals
- Customer Service in the Travel Industry
- Communicating with Customers
- Customer Service and Technology
- Winning Customer Loyalty
- Handling Difficult Customers
- Coping with Work Stress
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is recommended for:
- Travel agents
- Airline reservation or ticket agents
- Tour operators
- Call center agents
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.